Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- 5 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 or 10 minutes, until peaches become very soft.
- Cool slightly and serve while still warm.
- Serves 4. Each serving has 100 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g sugars, and 2 g protein.
- Each serving also has 12% vitamin A, 40% vitamin C, 1% calcium and 5% iron.
- This sweet treat makes a delicious snack when spread on whole wheat toast.
- Drizzle some compote on nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt for dessert.
- To keep the peaches sturdier, as pictured above, simply simmer your concoction for less time.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.