Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 3/4 cup
- 5 ripe peaches, cut into wedges
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Place ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 5 or 10 minutes, until peaches become very soft.
- Cool slightly and serve while still warm.
- Serves 4. Each serving has 100 calories, 1 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 22 g sugars, and 2 g protein.
- Each serving also has 12% vitamin A, 40% vitamin C, 1% calcium and 5% iron.
- This sweet treat makes a delicious snack when spread on whole wheat toast.
- Drizzle some compote on nonfat vanilla frozen yogurt for dessert.
- To keep the peaches sturdier, as pictured above, simply simmer your concoction for less time.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.