Did you know that September is Apple Month? Celebrate with this fantastic recipe for apple cobbler. It's low in calories, fat, and sodium, yet high in flavor and sure to please a crowd!
- 6 large apples, cored and sliced
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup dry oatmeal
- 2 low-fat cinnamon granola bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stir apples, Splenda, water, flour, and cinnamon together in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour apple mixture into a 10-inch deep-dish pie pan.
- Crush the oatmeal and granola bars in a food processor and springle the blend evenly over the apples.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about an hour. Serve hot.
You can top the cobbler with fat-free whipped cream, nonfat Greek yogurt, or freshly ground cinnamon.
This recipe makes 8 single cup servings. Each serving contains 355 calories, 4 grams of fat, 2 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 0 milligrams of cholesterol, 63 milligrams of sodium, 81 grams of carbohydrates, 10 grams of fiber, 52 grams of sugars, and 4 grams of protein.
Looking for more great recipes and cooking resources? Check out our Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.