Lettuce is an excellent vegetable choice because it is so versatile. It can be used in wraps, salads, and sandwiches.
Here are some fun messages to help everyone think about the value of a salad.
- One cup of lettuce contains just 5 calories
- Keep your lettuce choices nutritious by making them dark in color.
- Baby kale is a lettuce and you can serve it raw or cooked, which is versatile in your kitchen.
- Lettuce lasts longer when you keep it covered but allow a little air flow. Puncture bags of lettuce when you get home.
- Lettuce is considered a green leafy vegetable.