- 1 and 1/3 cup cooked lentils
- 4 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces pre-washed baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch dried thyme
- Black pepper to taste
- Granulated garlic to taste
- Combine lentils, celery, and spinach in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the contents of the bowl, then sprinkle generously with your seasonings and toss everything together.
- Divide contents of bowl among 4 plates and serve.
Add cooked chicken, balsamic glaze, and sliced apples to this salad for a fancy and hearty variation.
Serving size: 1 cup. Contains 146 calories, 7 grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 0 milligrams of cholesterol, 84 milligrams of sodium, 15 grams of carbohydrate, 9 grams of fiber, 0 grams of sugar, and 7 grams of protein.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.