- 1 and 1/3 cup cooked lentils
- 4 large celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces pre-washed baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Pinch dried thyme
- Black pepper to taste
- Granulated garlic to taste
- Combine lentils, celery, and spinach in a large bowl.
- Drizzle olive oil and lemon juice over the contents of the bowl, then sprinkle generously with your seasonings and toss everything together.
- Divide contents of bowl among 4 plates and serve.
Add cooked chicken, balsamic glaze, and sliced apples to this salad for a fancy and hearty variation.
Serving size: 1 cup. Contains 146 calories, 7 grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 0 milligrams of cholesterol, 84 milligrams of sodium, 15 grams of carbohydrate, 9 grams of fiber, 0 grams of sugar, and 7 grams of protein.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.