Looking for a fun and healthful snack that has wide appeal?
Don't miss today's kitchen hack, which is all about a tasty treat that you can make anytime.
You can make them by drying cooked chickpeas (a.k.a. garbanzo beans) in your oven until they're nutty and crispy. Simply drain and rinse a can of chickpeas in a colander, pat dry with a paper towel, and roast everything on a lightly oiled pan for 1 hour at 325 degrees.
Allow to cool and then serve in an attractive bowl.
There are so many reasons to like them...
- They taste like roasted peanuts.
- You can season them a bunch of different ways: with chili powder, Italian seasoning, grated Parmesan cheese, and even garlic powder.
- They're easy to make and require only 5 minutes of your time.
- They're much lower in calories and less expensive than regular nuts. Consider that a half-cup of roasted chickpea nuts has only 134 calories while a half-cup of peanuts has 419 calories! Plus the chickpea nuts contain 6 grams of fiber.
- Chickpea nuts are only .05 per ounce while peanuts are about .23 an ounce. That is a substantial savings!
- You can keep cans of garbanzo beans in your pantry, ready to come out and make a delicious bowl of nuts on just an hour's notice.
Here is a recipe handout with easy instructions and a list of the benefits of chickpea nuts!
Speaking of nutrition facts, it's time to check out all of the new products to teach the food label...
[shopify embed_type="collection" shop="nutrition-education-store.myshopify.com" product_handle="food-label-new-food-label-display"]