Links to the July 2016 Issue:
- Do High Protein Diets Promote Diabetes? – by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
- Food Safety Tips for Picnic Month – by Judy Doherty, PC II, AOS, BS
- Recipe: Fresh Tomato Soup – by Judy Doherty, PC II, AOS, BS
- Recipe: Fiesta Kale Salad – by Judy Doherty, PC II, AOS, BS
- Handout: Nutrition 101: Calories – by Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN
- Handout: That Food Might Not Be As Salty As You Think – by Jill Weisenberger, MS, RDN, CDE, FAND, CHWC
- Handout: MyPlate for Summer – by Judy Doherty, PC II, AOS, BS
- Handout: Picking Perfect Fruit: Watermelons & Cherries – by Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN
PDFs of the July 2016 Issue:
- Complete July 2016 Newsletter
- July Practitioner Resources
- July Handout Set
Bonus — White Label Newsletter:
July Monthly Theme Card:
Calendar Ideas for July:
- Baked Beans Month: Baked Bean Month
- Berry Month: Celebrate Berry Month!
- Blueberry Month: The Power of Blue
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month: July is Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month
- Ice Cream Month: Ice Cream: New Twist on the Banana Split
- Peach Month: Peach Month Recipe: Peach Compote
- Picnic Month: Healthy Picnics
- UV Safety Month: Prevent Skin Cancer
- Watermelon Month: Watermelon "Cake"
- Therapeutic Recreation Week (July 17-23): Family Activity Planner
Check out the amazing July resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.