Download PDFs of the July 2014 Issue:
- Complete July 2014 Newsletter
- July Practitioner Resources
- July Handout Set
Bonus -- White Label Newsletter:
- This is the newsletter that you can distribute as your own!
- It's in Word format.
- Feel free to make changes or add your logo.
- You can save it as a PDF when you are ready to distribute it.
- Use it in email, websites, blogs, or as a handout.
NEW -- Articles for July:
- Dietary Phosphate Linked to Hypertension and CVD - by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
- Battle the Buffet: Display and Activity Ideas - by Cheryle Jones Syracuse, MS
- Recipe: Grilled Sicilian Eggplant Rolls - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Recipe: French Herb Salad - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Handout: Mediterranean Diet: Health and Flavor - by Victoria Shanta Retelny, RDN, LDN
- Handout: Fad or Fact? A Review of Grain Brain - by Beth Rosen, MS
- Handout: A European Approach to Balanced Eating - by Layne Lieberman, RD
- Handout: Balancing Diet and Exercise - by Lynn Grieger, RDN, CDE, CPT, CWC
July Monthly Theme Card:
Links for July:
Calendar Ideas for July:
- Baked Beans Month: Traditional Baked Beans Recipe
- Berry Month: Berries are Better Than Ice Cream
- Blueberry Month: The Power of Blue
- Hemochromatosis Screening Awareness Month: Excess Iron Promotes Diabetes and Cancer
- Ice Cream Month: Dessert Demos
- Peach Month: Fruit with Peach Dip Recipe
- Picnic Month: Summer Food Safety
- UV Safety Month: Prevent Skin Cancer
- Watermelon Month: Cool Watermelon
- Therapeutic Recreation Week (July 6-12): Nutrition Survival for Vacations
Check out the amazing summer resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.