- Do Diet Drinks Promote Glucose Intolerance? - by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
- Book Review: French Kids Eat Everything - by Hollis Bass, MEd, RD
- Recipe: Chicken Cordon Bleu - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Recipe: Lemon Butter Salmon - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Handout: Feeding a Teen Vegetarian in 3 Steps - by Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN
- Handout: Yogurt and Sugar - by Lynn Grieger RDN, CDE, CPT, CWC
- Handout: Antibiotics in Meat - by Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
- Handout: Fat 101 - by Lynn Grieger, RDN, CDE, CPT, CWC
PDFs of the January 2016 Issue:
- Complete January 2016 Newsletter
- January Practitioner Resources
- January Handout Set
Bonus — White Label Newsletter:
January Monthly Theme Card:
- January Food and Health Observances Calendar
- Seasonal January Recipes
- January Clip Art
- Newsletter Archive
Calendar Ideas for January:
- AMD/Low Vision Awareness Month: Low Vitamin D Linked to Vision Loss from AMD
- Birth Defects Prevention Month: Nutrients of Concern: Folate and Iron
- Blood Donor Month: Excess Iron Promotes Insulin Resistance
- Cervical Health Month: Folate and Cancer Risk
- Family Fit Lifestyle Month: Family Exercise: 4 Simple Tips for Building a Fun Routine
- Fiber Focus Month: 3 Weeks to a High-Fiber Diet
- Hot Tea Month: 3 Reasons to Switch to Tea
- Oatmeal Month: Crockpot Steel Cut Oats with Apples and Cherries
- Soup Month: How Much Salt is in Your Soup?
- Thyroid Awareness Month: How Do Minerals Work? Part One
- Diet Resolution Week (January 10-16): New Year's Resolution Resources
- National Folic Acid Awareness Week (January 10-16): Folate
- Healthy Weight Week (January 24-30): Which Diet is Best for Maintaining Weight Loss?
- Salt Awareness Week (January 31-February 6): Should I Worry About Salt Intake?
Check out the fantastic Family Fit Lifestyle Month resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.