Fiesta Kale Salad
- 4 cups baby kale leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Dash of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil: canola, olive, or avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 sweet potato, microwaved and diced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped green onion
- Arrange baby kale on a large platter. Top it with the juice of one lemon, one lime, hot pepper sauce, and oregano.
- Add the other items in groups in a circle on the outside of the kale: black beans, tomatoes, corn, diced avocado, and sweet potato.
- Sprinkle everything with chopped green onion and serve.
- Serves 4. Each serving has 174 calories, 9g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 49mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 5g sugars, and 5g protein.
- This salad is the perfect accompaniment to grilled chicken or fish.
- This looks especially nice when garnished with a lemon wedge and fresh flat-leaf parsley.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.