Here's a great way to use honey in moderation -- make it part of this delicious barbecue sauce!
Serving Size: 1/3 cup
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground anise seeds
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to use – up to one week. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- This recipe makes 4 servings. Each 1/3 cup contains 95 calories, 2 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g sugar, and 2 g protein.
- Each serving also has 11% DV vitamin A, 11% DV?vitamin C, 1% DV calcium, and 5% DV iron.
- Use this sauce like you would use regular barbecue sauce.
- It tastes great on grilled fish, poultry, and vegetables.
Like what you see? Here's a free PDF handout that you can use as you see fit! Enjoy!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.