Here is an easy way to display salads, vegetables, and fruits as holiday wreaths. They make colorful and healthful centerpieces that will grace any holiday table. You can take them to parties, too. Scroll to the bottom for a handout. Like us on Facebook - and share the post!
Holiday Salad Wreath
- 2 pounds mixed greens, ready to serve
- 1 beet
- 1 golden beet
- 1 pack asparagus
- 1 red pepper
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- extra virgin olive oil
- red wine vinegar
- balsamic vinegar glaze*
- fresh herbs
- cracked black pepper
- Find a large round platter and place a bowl or torte ring in the center while you build the salad.
- Place the greens around the bowl and build them as high as you can.
- Slice the red beets and cut them into stars. Slice the golden beets and cut them into diamonds.
- Place the asparagus in 5 separate groups around the salad. Place the tomatoes next to the asparagus.
- Sprinkle with fresh cranberries and pomegranate seeds.
- Make a bow out of the red pepper and place at the six o'clock position.
- Remove the bowl or torte ring from the center, taking care to keep the center clear.
- Sprinkle oil and vinegar in the center. Drizzle balsamic vinegar glaze in the center.
- Sprinkle all with fresh herbs and cracked black pepper.
This salad makes a wonderful center piece. You can serve it family or buffet style and allow guests to serve themselves or you could toss it table side and serve it to everyone.
*Balsamic vinegar glaze is found in the grocery store with the vinegars. It is a syrup made by reducing balsamic vinegar with sugar. It is thick and can be drizzled in the center of the plate. You can omit this ingredient and just add a little more red wine vinegar.
Warm Potato Salad Wreath
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and steamed
- 1 pound small red potatoes, rinsed and boiled until tender
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- garlic powder and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- Drizzle olive oil
- Red wine vinegar to taste
- Place the mayonnaise in the center of a wooden bowl.
- Arrange the beans and potatoes according to the picture.
- Sprinkle cranberries, red peppers, herbs, garlic powder, and pepper over the top.
- Drizzle with olive oil and vinegar and toss and serve warm tableside.
Holiday Fruit Wreath
Fresh fruit with kiwi holly leaves, toasted nuts and shaved chocolate make this lovely fruit wreath a holiday hit.
4 cups fresh berries: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries
1/2 cup chopped fresh cranberries
1/4 cup fresh pomegranate seeds
2 kiwis, sliced and cut with a leaf cutter
1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
1/4 cup freshly shaved dark chocolate (use a veggie peeler)
Arrange all on a round plate as pictured. Serve with whipped cream.
I thought this was a great way to use a deviled egg plate. It is a fresh fruit plate for 2-3 people. Choose your favorite fresh and dried fruits and arrange them as pictured:
PLUS there are bookmarks, too:
And a new Home Run Cooking Demo Program:
Here is a handout with the photos and recipes for the holiday vegetable and fruit wreaths: HolidayVegetableFruitWreaths