Skip the post-Thanksgiving blahs with some fantastic recipes for Thanksgiving leftovers...
This delicious meal is perfect for a light lunch or dinner. With cranberries, turkey, and rice, how could it be anything less than delicious?
- 2 cups diced roasted chicken or turkey, without skin
- 1.5 cups brown rice
- 3 cups chicken broth, no sodium
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 cup diced red pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Pinch cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Dash black pepper
- Pinch crushed rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- Place all ingredients in rice cooker or covered pan and cook until finished, about 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves.
- Garnish your rice dish with cranberry relish (see the recipe below or use leftover cranberry sauce).
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 large apples, diced
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup apple juice, no sugar added
- Dash cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer.
- Cook on low heat until the apples are tender, about 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.
Free handout: holidayleftovers
There's always more in the store!