Looking for a last-minute holiday gift? Why not give your friends and family everything they need to make tasty cookies with a healthful twist?
Holiday Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar
Serves: 36 | Serving Size: 1 cookie
Total Time: 30 min | Prep: 20 min | Cook: 10 min
- 1 decorative jar or cookie tin
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Pack sugars in the bottom of the cookie jar.
- Mix the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and apple pie spice in a bowl and add to the jar.
- Layer the chips, pecans, and cranberries on top of the flour mix.
- Seal the jar and attach a note with the following directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty the jar into a large mixing bowl and mix with your hands.
- Add the following ingredients and mix well:
1 stick trans-fat-free margarine
1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
- Shape into walnut size balls, and place 2 inches apart on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Remove from pan after a few minutes and cool on a wire rack. Makes 3 dozen.
Remember, there's always more in the store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.