Looking for a last-minute holiday gift? Why not give your friends and family everything they need to make tasty cookies with a healthful twist?
Holiday Oatmeal Cookies in a Jar
Serves: 36 | Serving Size: 1 cookie
Total Time: 30 min | Prep: 20 min | Cook: 10 min
- 1 decorative jar or cookie tin
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Pack sugars in the bottom of the cookie jar.
- Mix the flour, oatmeal, baking soda, and apple pie spice in a bowl and add to the jar.
- Layer the chips, pecans, and cranberries on top of the flour mix.
- Seal the jar and attach a note with the following directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Empty the jar into a large mixing bowl and mix with your hands.
- Add the following ingredients and mix well:
1 stick trans-fat-free margarine
1 and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
- Shape into walnut size balls, and place 2 inches apart on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Remove from pan after a few minutes and cool on a wire rack. Makes 3 dozen.
Remember, there's always more in the store!