Pears can be wonderful holiday centerpieces, party platter ingredients, and even gifts!
- 12 pears, preferably different colors (we used 3 different types: Comice, Bosc, and Red Bartlett)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Large clear decorative bowl or vase
- Place half the cranberries on the bottom of the bowl or vase.
- Layer pears on top of the cranberries in a decorative pattern.
- Sprinkle remaining cranberries over the top of the pears.
- Keep chilled until ready for use.
- Use as a centerpiece during dinner. As a bonus, serve it for dessert.
- 8 cups mixed greens, washed
- 2 sliced Red Bartlett pears
- 1/4 cup sliced dried figs
- 1/4 cup mixed dried fruit: golden raisins, blueberries, cranberries
- 2 tablespoons toasted walnut pieces
- Balsamic vinegar to taste
- Place the greens in a large bowl and top with pears, figs, dried fruit and walnut pieces.
- Serve vinegar on the side.
This is a healthier alternative to cookies -- and it's easier too!
- 1/2 cup dried pears
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup halved dried figs (cutting them in half makes them much prettier)
- Make a fun and decorative pattern with dried fruits.
- Consider using a spiral dish.
- You could also layer the fruit in a mason jar for easy gifting!
Heeeeeeeeeere's the handout!
And here are a few more of my favorite things from the Nutrition Education Store...
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.