Today it's time for another sneak peek, this time from the member-exclusive October edition of the Communicating Food for Health newsletter. I've created a recipe that I'm so excited about that I simply couldn't wait to share it with you.
You see, normally only members can access this newsletter, which contains new handouts, scientific research reviews, activity ideas, and more, but today I want to unlock one of the healthy and tasty recipes for your perusal.
So, without further ado, here's the recipe for herb roasted chicken!
Herb Roasted Chicken
Serves: 2 | Serving Size: 1 plate
- 2 small chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp chopped dried rosemary
- 4 cups spring mix
- 2 figs
- Oil spray
- 1 medium sweet potato
- Juice and zest of 1 orange
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Spread the mayonnaise on the chicken and top it with the herbs. Bake the chicken until it reaches 165 degrees, about 12-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bake the sweet potato in the microwave until it’s partially cooked, then put it in the oven with the chicken until the chicken is done.
- Arrange the figs and salad on the plates. Lightly spray them with oil.
- When the chicken is done, slice it on the bias. Place one sliced breast on each plate. Cut the sweet potato in half and divide between the two plates. Top the potato and salad with the orange juice and zest, then serve.
Serves 2. Each serving has 260 calories, 5g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 74mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 11g sugars, and
Each serving also has 226% vitamin A, 71% vitamin C, 9% calcium and 11% iron.
Use a microplane to slice off the orange zest.
And here's the printable recipe handout that you can use however you'd like!
But wait, there's more for members! Don't miss this other great recipe for tasty and versatile fresh tomato sauce! You can find it in the post Fresh Tomato Sauce.
And if you'd like to become a member, consider joining or renewing now!
Finally, here are some of the newest resources from the Nutrition Education Store...
[shopify embed_type="product" shop="nutrition-education-store.myshopify.com" product_handle="mindful-eating-poster-guide-to-mindful-eating" show="all"]
[shopify embed_type="product" shop="nutrition-education-store.myshopify.com" product_handle="water-wristbands-adult" show="all"]
[shopify embed_type="product" shop="nutrition-education-store.myshopify.com" product_handle="food-label-math-poster" show="all"]