Want to breathe new life into the advice to eat enough fruits and vegetables every day?
Try this handout, which is loaded with fun and creative ways to eat more fruits and vegetables...
Snack on Fresh Fruit:
There are so many ways to add more fruit to your diet. Try any of the following ideas...
- Freeze grapes and blueberries for a cool and refreshing treat on a hot day.
- Puree slices of frozen banana with some cinnamon and a few ice cubes for a creamy dessert!
- For breakfast, put sliced cantaloupe, watermelon, and honeydew in a bowl and top with nonfat plain Greek yogurt.
Increase Your Vegetable Intake:
Adding more vegetables to your diet can be fun! Get started with the following tips...
- Make a tasty veggie dip with a bit of nonfat plain Greek yogurt, dried dill, and lemon juice. Slice up some red peppers, carrots, and cucumbers and dip away!
- Cube sweet potatoes, regular potatoes, and a few onions, then toss them all with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Put everything on a rimmed baking sheet and roast in your oven for a savory vegetable dinner.
- Shred a few varieties of cabbage and a bit of broccoli into a large bowl and add vinegar for a tangy, mayo-free slaw. Make sure to have a side salad with each meal for an extra boost!
For an analysis of how these fruits and vegetables can impact health, don't miss the member-exclusive post: Handout: Fruits, Veggies, and Your Health!
Heeeeeeeeeeere's the handout!
And here are other fantastic fruit and vegetable resources, fresh from the Nutrition Education Store!