Sometimes a new dish is all you need to make a vegetable more appealing to your audience. Today I'd like to share some of the top 3 vegetable recipes from the member-exclusive recipe database -- which one will make its way into your next cooking demo or email blast?
Berkeley Burrito Bowl
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: About 2 cups
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, hot
- 2 cups pico de gallo (dice 2 small tomatoes and combine them with chopped red onion, chopped cilantro, and a few diced peppers)
- 1 fresh avocado, sliced
- 1 cup cooked or canned black beans, hot
- 2 baked sweet potatoes, cubed
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Divide each ingredient between 4 large and shallow individual serving bowls.
- Arrange the ingredients in a circular fashion, as shown in the photo above.
- Serve immediately.
Fresh Tomato Soup
Serves: 3 | Serving Size: 1 cup
- 6 ripe red tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- Core, halve, and de-seed the tomatoes, placing them skin side up on a baking sheet. Roast for 15 minutes under the broiler.
- Sauté the onions and celery in olive oil in a large saucepan until transparent, then cover.
- Add tomatoes and broth to the saucepan. Bring to a boil, then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender and purée. Reheat on the stove and serve hot.
Fiesta Kale Salad
- 4 cups baby kale leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Dash of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil: canola, olive, or avocado
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 sweet potato, microwaved and diced
- ¼ cup fresh chopped green onion
- Arrange baby kale on a large platter. Top it with the juice of one lemon, one lime, hot pepper sauce, and oregano.
- Add the other items in groups in a circle on the outside of the kale: black beans, tomatoes, corn, diced avocado, and sweet potato.
- Sprinkle everything with chopped green onion and serve.
Finally, here's a printable handout with one of today's recipes. I hope you like it!