Hey, remember when we did Grilling 101 earlier this week? Let's follow up with a simple and totally delicious dinner that your clients can make on a grill!
Lamb Kabob Plate with Greek Dips
- 8 ounces lamb loin, cubed and with extra fat trimmed off (you can also use lean beef)
- 4 bamboo skewers
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Garlic powder (coarse, granulated is preferable to find powder)
- Aluminum foil 12 inch square
- Hummus - prepared (available in your grocer's deli)
- Baba ganoush - prepared (available in your grocer's deli)
- 2 100% whole-wheat pitas
- 1 cup bulgur (available in bulk in Whole Foods or in the grain section of your grocery store)
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Prepare tabouleh:
- Pour the very hot water over the bulgur and allow it to set until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Combine the cooked grains with the rest of the tabouleh ingredients.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Grill lamb:
- Divide the lamb evenly among the 4 skewers and thread it on each, as pictured.
- Place the skewers on foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Preheat grill, then grill until lamb is cooked to medium doneness, about 5 minutes each side.
- Serve lamb with a scoop each of hummus, baba ganoush, and tabouleh.
- Serve 1/2 of a whole-wheat pita on the side per person.
Serves 4. Each serving contains 492 calories, 20 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 36 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 16 g dietary fiber, 2 g sugar, and 28 g protein.
Each serving has 32% DV vitamin A, 50% DV vitamin C, 11% DV calcium, and 38% DV iron.
There are tons of other healthful eating resources available too! Check out these new favorites...