Hey, remember when we did Grilling 101 earlier this week? Let's follow up with a simple and totally delicious dinner that your clients can make on a grill!
Lamb Kabob Plate with Greek Dips
- 8 ounces lamb loin, cubed and with extra fat trimmed off (you can also use lean beef)
- 4 bamboo skewers
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Garlic powder (coarse, granulated is preferable to find powder)
- Aluminum foil 12 inch square
- Hummus - prepared (available in your grocer's deli)
- Baba ganoush - prepared (available in your grocer's deli)
- 2 100% whole-wheat pitas
- 1 cup bulgur (available in bulk in Whole Foods or in the grain section of your grocery store)
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1/2 cucumber, chopped
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- Prepare tabouleh:
- Pour the very hot water over the bulgur and allow it to set until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Combine the cooked grains with the rest of the tabouleh ingredients.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Grill lamb:
- Divide the lamb evenly among the 4 skewers and thread it on each, as pictured.
- Place the skewers on foil and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Preheat grill, then grill until lamb is cooked to medium doneness, about 5 minutes each side.
- Serve lamb with a scoop each of hummus, baba ganoush, and tabouleh.
- Serve 1/2 of a whole-wheat pita on the side per person.
Serves 4. Each serving contains 492 calories, 20 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 36 mg cholesterol, 608 mg sodium, 56 g carbohydrate, 16 g dietary fiber, 2 g sugar, and 28 g protein.
Each serving has 32% DV vitamin A, 50% DV vitamin C, 11% DV calcium, and 38% DV iron.
There are tons of other healthful eating resources available too! Check out these new favorites...
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.