Easter Rabbit Salad
Here is our latest creation with fresh fruit ready to share!
- Common fruits
- Anyone can make it
- Everyone wants to eat it
- Has to be shaped like a rabbit
- No candy - a healthy fun fruit salad
So, here you go! Our Easter Rabbit Salad.
- 1 pineapple
- 1 quart of strawberries
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 banana
- dark raisins or dried blueberries for the eyes
- Peel the pineapple then cut 2/3 lengthwise - you want the body to be bigger than 1/2.
- Remove the core with a serrated knife.
- Slice the 2/3 part which is the body and set in bowl in bed of strawberries.
- Carve the remaining 1/3 into a head - making ears and a shaped face. Set up against the body.
- Carve out a hole for the eyes and fill with raisins.
- Use the pineapple to make fringes for the bowl and whiskers.
- Use the grated apple for the tail - you can use fresh lemon to keep it white
- Use a banana for the legs and nose.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Here is another recipe that uses canned pears, it is fun for kids to make:
Easter Bunny Salad
|Vitamin A||390.8iu (7%)|
|Vitamin C||1.7mg (2%)|
4 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and dried
4 pear halves, fresh or canned, blotted dry
12 dark seedless raisins
4 miniature marshmallows
8 apple slices
1 teaspoon fat-free cream cheese
Place a lettuce leaf on each of 4 plates. Use the pear half as the bunny's body. Add raisins for the eyes and nose, using the cream cheese as glue to hold them in place. Use the apple slices to form ears. Add a miniature marshmallow for the tail, again using cream cheese to hold it in place.
4. Serving: 1 bunny
Bread & Starch: 1.0
Total Preparation & Cooking Time: 10 min. (10 Prep, 0 Cook)
Enjoy and Happy Easter and Happy Passover or just Happy Spring.
We are going to be posting lots of new items in our store - check out some of them now: