Light Double Lemon Cheesecake - 236 calories per slice
I made this wonderful cheesecake for my son's graduation. It provided us with a very elegant dessert that is light and creamy . And it was very easy to make.
You save 100 calories and 11 grams of fat per slice with this treat compared to regular cheesecake. And even MORE compared to regular cake with frosting.
16 ounces neufchatel cream cheese
16 ounces lowfat or fat-free sour cream
1 lemon - zest and juice
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup splenda (or sugar)
8 lemon cookies (lowfat)
1. Place lemon cookies in food processor and pulse until the crumbs are fine.
2. Lightly spray a deep dish glass baking pan with vegetable cooking oil spray and sprinkle the cookie crumbs on the bottom and sides.
3. Place the neufchatel cheese, sugar, splenda and lemon in a food processor and pulse until it is smooth and creamy. Add the sour cream slowly, scraping the bowl between each addition to avoid lumps. Add the eggs one by one and mix smooth.
4. Pour the cream cheese mixture to the pan and heat your oven to 325 degrees F.
Bake the cheesecake for one hour or until it is firm in the center and a knife inserted in to the center comes out clean. Refrigerate the cheesecake until completely cool, about 4 or 6 hours. Sprinkle with sugar on top and invert twice so it comes out of the pan but is served top side up.
5. Serve with berries.
Compare cake options, 122 grams (4.3 ounce slice):
- raspberry pie
- this double lemon light cheesecake: 236 calories, 11 g fat
- regular cheesecake: 350 calories, 22 g fat
- cake with frosting: 450 calories, 20 g fat
Our graduate placed in the top five of his class with three academic awards - so we were very proud and glad to be ready for his special celebration!!
Visit our NutritionEducationStore.com for more great nutrition education and presentation ideas and products.