Pork Chops with Apples, Sweet Potatoes, and Broccoli
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 plate
- 4 small (3-ounce) pork chops
- 4 tsp wasabi mustard
- 2 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 bunch of broccoli or broccolini
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Toss the sliced apples with cinnamon and place them in the bottom of a large skillet.
- Top with the pork chops and divide the mustard among the chops.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 375 degrees until the pork is done.
- Meanwhile, microwave the sweet potatoes until soft and then place them in the oven with the pork to finish cooking.
- Steam the broccoli or broccolini on top of the stove while the pork chops bake.
- Make your plates: each plate should have some baked apple slices, pork, broccoli, and sweet potato.
- Serves 4. Each serving has 310 calories, 5 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 74 mg cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 15 g sugars, and 37 g protein.
- Each serving also has 357% vitamin A, 43% vitamin C, 7% calcium and 11% iron.
- The pork is done when it reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit in the center and is firm to the touch.
- This meal assumes that you have salt, pepper, oil, and cinnamon in your pantry.
Printable Recipe Handout:
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.