Serves: 3 | Serving Size: 2 burritos
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 hot green chili pepper, minced (without seeds)
- 1 zucchini, cut in half and sliced
- 1 cup chicken tenders, cut up
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- Juice of 1 lime
- 6 tortillas
- Heat the canola oil in a large nonstick wok or skillet.
- Sauté the onion and peppers until they are soft and a little golden.
- Add the chicken with the cilantro and lime juice, cover, and cook until the chicken is done, about 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Roll the fajita mix into 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas and serve hot.
- Serves 3. Each serving has 424 calories, 12 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 741 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 7 g sugars, and 25 g protein.
- Each serving also has 7% vitamin A, 96% vitamin C, 12% calcium and 22% iron.
Serve with fresh salsa and a large tossed salad.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.