Looking for a diabetic-friendly holiday dessert? Look no further -- we've got you covered.
Diabetic-Friendly Pumpkin Pie
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1/8th pie
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1/3 cup egg whites or nonfat egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1 Pillsbury ready pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pumpkin, spices, milk, egg, and Splenda in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place crust in the bottom of a 9 inch glass pie pan and trim excess off edges.
- Pour pie filling into crust. Bake until firm in center, about 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Cut into 8 pieces and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.