Become a premium member today and get access to hundreds of articles and handouts plus our premium tools!
Looking for a diabetic-friendly holiday dessert? Look no further -- we've got you covered.
Diabetic-Friendly Pumpkin Pie
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1/8th pie
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 12 ounces evaporated skim milk
- 1/3 cup egg whites or nonfat egg substitute
- 1/2 cup Splenda
- 1 Pillsbury ready pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place pumpkin, spices, milk, egg, and Splenda in a medium-sized mixing bowl and mix well.
- Place crust in the bottom of a 9 inch glass pie pan and trim excess off edges.
- Pour pie filling into crust. Bake until firm in center, about 50-60 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Cut into 8 pieces and serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
UP NEXT IN Cooking, Food and Health
Mushrooms: Packed with Nutrients
Prediabetes: More Than a Blood Sugar Problem
UP NEXT IN Cooking