Ingredients: 2 medium-sized baking potatoes Chili powder Italian seasoning Garlic powder Parmesan cheese Cooking oil spray No-salt-added ketchup
1. Rinse the potatoes under cold running water to remove any dirt. Preheat oven to 450F.
2. Lightly spray a baking pan with cooking oil spray.
3. Cut the potatoes in half and then cut each half into 6 or 8 thin wedges.
4. Arrange in a single layer on bak- ing pan. Lightly spray the top of the potatoes.
5. Make three flavors: 1) Chili, 2) Italian, 3) Garlic and Parmesan
6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden like the ones in the picture. Serve with no-salt-added ketchup.
Large fries: 500 calories, 25 g fat Oven fries: 128 calories, 0 g fat (both are for a 5 ounce serving)
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.