There are lots of ways to stay active in the summertime while beating the heat. Don't let skyrocketing temperatures glue you to the couch!
Here are a few ideas that you can use to inspire your audience to get moving, even when it's toasty outside...
- Get up early and do a sunrise walk -- the temperatures won't be too high yet and you'll be amazed at the difference in your neighborhood at sunrise.
- Swim laps in a pool during your lunch break.
- Take a water aerobics class. What better way to keep cool than in a pool that's chilled to the right temperature for exercise? Plus, a group will help keep you inspired and accountable.
- Play catch in the sprinklers with the kids. You're never too old to play in the yard!
- Take a walk after dinner as the day is coming to a close.
- Purchase a gym pass. Air-conditioning, personal trainers, tons of equipment -- what's not to love? Plus, you could even find a fun bootcamp that's indoors.
- Speaking of air conditioning, when the temperatures really rise, consider playing indoor games like bowling, ping pong, or mini golf. All the activity, none of the heat exhaustion.
- Walk the mall a few times... and then go shopping.
- Take dance lessons.
- Get near the water -- it's always a bit cooler by a lake or on a beach!
Which approach will you try first?
[shopify embed_type="collection" shop="nutrition-education-store.myshopify.com" product_handle="new-products"]