Welcome to Food and Health Communications, where our mission is to create stunning, evidence-based materials for passionate health educators who want to make a difference in their patients’ and students’ lives.
Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Food and Health Communications is a private publishing company that has been in business for almost 25 years. We’ve made over 900 resources for health and nutrition educators and we’re still creating new items every day. You can find these resources in our online store at nutritioneducationstore.com. With posters, handouts, games, display kits, brochures, tearpads, bulletin boards, prizes, immediate downloads, banners, and even books, there are lots of ways to teach valuable and memorable nutrition lessons.
Food and Health Communications, offers a premium library and newsletter membership for health professionals. We’re here to help you look your very best, right now.
So, what makes us stand out from the crowd?
- Our experience. With over 24 years of creating nutrition and health education materials, we know how to find the best peer-reviewed sources and information quickly and effectively.
- Our vision. We are creative, inspired, and passionate about what we do.
- A proven 5-star customer service record from Shopper Approved.
- We're a National Strategic Partner for the USDA’s MyPlate
- We’ve won two prestigious Web Health Awards along with the American Heart Association, Johns Hopkins Medicine, the Mayo Clinic, and many more.
- We’re a certified CPE provider for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- We have integrity. We accept no advertising revenue from food industry or any other outside entity
- Our professional editors use peer-reviewed journals; all material meets the Dietary Guidelines for Americans criteria and is up to date with all major health entities including: USDA, MyPlate, Dietary Guidelines, Center for Disease Control, American Diabetes Association, American Heart Association, WHO, National Institute of Health, Institute of Medicine, and Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- We are committed to being current, accurate, and engaging.
- Creative studio. We create original work.
- We have a growing customer base.
|Proud member of:|
Products and services:
NutritionEducationStore.com - Ready-made food and nutrition education materials include posters, tear pads, brochures, handouts, PowerPoint, DVDs, books, promotional items, bulletin board displays, wellness fair displays and wellness programs. Custom made and branded products are always available.
White label newsletters - a premium membership offers a complete library of educational materials including white label nutrition newsletters, handouts, recipes, expert advice and articles, presentation ideas, activities and much more for nutrition and health professionals.
Continuing education - the online catalog of courses for food and health professionals is always growing. Featured here you will find culinary nutrition instruction as well as contemporary continuing education in diet and disease research by Dr. James J. Kenney, PhD, RD, FACN.
Food photography - preview our best images and or buy stock image licensing at our sister site, Expression Food. This is a San Francisco Bay Area food photography studio that excels at fresh, modern, crisp food photos that are always enticing and rich in flavor. These images, found in the stock image category, are reasonably priced and an excellent choice for food and health professionals.
Marketing platform - now use the same marketing platform that we do complete with CRM, communication system for email and text messaging, and social media management.
Thousands of customers include:
Serves government, health, education, and private sectors: doctors, dietitians, public health, universities, cooperative extensions, foodservice directors, nurses, pharmacies, diabetes educators, corporate wellness, weight loss, chefs, schools, cardiac rehab, family and consumer science educators.
York Hospital, YMCA, Yale University Health Services, WSU, Walgreens, Washington County Extension, Washington State University, Virginia Cooperative Extension, US Naval Hospital Sigonella, UT Extension, University of Minnesota, University of Maryland, University of Michigan, University of New Mexico, University of Wyoming, University of Florida, University of Colorado, University of California, UC San Diego, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension, The Nutrition Twins, The Key School, The Ohio State University, The Phoenix Zoo, The University of Arizona, Susan B Allen Hospital, St Jude Medical Center, St Joseph Hospital, Springdale High School, Spokane Public Schools, St. Clair Hospital, Share Our Strength, Shannon Medcal Center, Shell Oil Company, Signature Health, Seattle Children's Hospital, Seminole Tribe of Florida, Sajai Foundation, Santa Barbara County WIC Program, Rutgers Cooperative Extension, Saint Francis Medical Center, Rush University Medical Center, Red Cedar Canyon Assisted Living, Red Lion Hotel Corporation, Purdue County Extension, Princeton University, Prevea Health, Potts Pediatrics, Positive Health Dimensions, Procter and Gamble, Providence Care Diabetes Office, Public Health Madison, Polaski County Cooperative Extension, Philadelphia School District, Phoenix Children's Hospital, Pawnee County Extension, Pearson Fitness and Training, Peak Health, Penn State Extension, Pepsico, Perdue Farms, OSU Extension, Owatonna Hospital, Parish Nursing, Oregon State University, Oneida County UWEX, Chrysler, University of Minnesota, Kaiser Permanente, NASA, Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic, Fry's Food and Drug, Texas Cooperative Extension, Rutgers Cooperative Extension, Cornell Cooperative Extension, Eau Claire Dept on Aging, Michigan State University, University of Idaho, Dairy Farmers of Ontario, VA Medical Center, USAF Academy, Jefferson County Health Department, Pomona Unified School District, Florida Department of Public Health, and many more!
- Nutrition Education Store MyPlate Plates for HealthMPowers
- Branded weight loss program for LiveWell Carolinas
- Custom salad bar sign and training videos for Goleta Schools, Goleta, California
- Custom workshop for Colorado daycare providers, KidCare Nutrition, Colorado
- St. Louis Department of Health MyPlate Education Bundles
- MiPlato Spanish Materials for KDHE Nutrition and WIC Program
- Over 300 posters delivered to Washington County Board of Education
- Over 200 posters delivered to Orange County Department of Public Education
- 150 tearpads for Maricoa County Public Health
- 200 posters delivered to LaHabra City School District
- Custom diabetes posters for Boeing
- Custom Heart Risk Factors PowerPoint for NASA
- 200 poster for Omaha Public Schools Nutrition
- Over 100 Posters to Columbus Research Foundation
- 150 posters for Maine Dairy and Nutrition Council
- University of Arizona 500 posters
- VA Montana Healthcare posters, tearpads and cooking demo materials
- Downey Unified School District 200 posters
- 150 posters to Network for a Healthy California
- 12 Lessons Program delivered to Seminole Tribe of California
- 440 posters delivered to Santa Clara County Public Health Dept
- ....and many more!
"The posters have been a great resource pedagogically both as primary teaching tools and as ongoing reinforcement. And even when we're not paying attention to the specific content, they are visually pleasing. Thanks!" -- Doug Barg, Kitchen Cred
"Thank you for making the fiber video for us. The content is very good." --Kevin Schmuck Ex. Phys. Supervisor - Cardiac Rehabilitation, Scottsdale Healthcare, Heart & Vascular Services"
The poster, as is true with many of the posters from Nutrition Education Store are colorful, interesting to the eye, and fun to look at. They are a real draw to a booth. Thank you for providing such cost effective and well-done posters." --Marla Hill, RD, CD
"This is fantastic; the Elementary Nutrition PowerPoint was worth the wait. I am so impressed with content, graphics and overall structure of presentation. Thanks so much for your assistance." --Mia Wolinsky-Zazon, MS, RD, CDN
Work has been used and featured by college nutrition text books, Inside Triathlon Magazine, Pritikin Longevity Center, The Calorie Density Solution Book (Robert Pritikin), Global Gourmet Solutions, Dupont and Webmd.com, Nutrio.com, Princess House, Williams Hospitality, Kellogg, City of Houston WIC program, Mediterranean Foods Alliance (grand prize recipe), PBS television, Pastry Art and Design Magazine, Chocolatier, Bon Appetit, Grand Finales, and more.
Judy Doherty, BS, PC II, was the keynote technology speaker for SNEB, Portland.
Williamson Hospitality won an award from MenuMasters (for the Smarty Foods program), using Food & Health Communications' products. Click here to view the Flash video, showing how they integrated their offerings.
About our Executive Editor, award-winning Chef, Judy Doherty, BS, PC II:
Judy’s passion for cooking began with helping her grandmother make raisin oatmeal for breakfast. From there she earned her first food service job at 15, was accepted to the world famous Culinary Institute of America at 18 (where she graduated second in her class), and went on to the Fachschule Richemont in Switzerland where she focused on pastry arts and baking. She was an executive pastry chef for Hyatt Resorts for over 8 years. She holds a Bachelor of Science degree with Summa Cum Laude distinction from Johnson and Wales University.
During over 30 years of inventing new ways to look at food, Judy has been awarded such honors as The Culinary Institute of America's Pro Chef II certification, two American Culinary Federation Bronze Medals, ACF Hot Dessert Competition Gold Medal, and ACF Chef of the Year. Judy was an adjunct instructor for Johnson and Wales University in Denver and has taught many cooking demonstrations and classes.
Her enthusiasm for eating nutritiously and deliciously leads her to constantly innovate and use the latest in nutritional science to guide her creativity, from putting new twists on fajitas to adapting Italian brownies to include ingredients like toasted nuts and cooked honey. Judy’s publishing company, Food and Health Communications, is dedicated to her vision that everyone can make food that tastes as good as it is for you.
Judy Doherty, BS, AOS, PC II
Lisa Andrews, MEd, RDN
Hollis Bass, MEd, RDN
Lynn Grieger, RDN, LDN
Barbara Hart, MS
James J. Kenney, PhD, FACN
Jo Lichten, PhD, RD
Victoria Shanta Retelny, RD, LD
Beth Rosen, MS
Lauren Swann, MS, RD
Cheryle Syracuse, MS
Jill Weisenberger, MS, RD, CDE
Editorial Advisory Board
Stephanie Correnti, BS, RD
Jill Eisenberg, RDH, MS, RD, CDN
James J. Kenney, PhD, FACN
Alice Henneman, MS, RD
Barbara Hart, MS, RD, LDN
Karla Logston, RN, BS, CDE
Linda Rankin, PhD, RD, LD, FADA
Cheryle Syracuse, MS
Email us or call us at 800-462-2352
More Information About Food & Health Communications, Inc.
Point of Contact:
Food and Health Communications, Inc
3739 Balboa Street, Unit #5015
San Francisco, CA 94121
Email: Email us
CAGE Code: 3GUJ8
AND CDR CPE Provider
WBENC - 2005123056
S Corp. California
Trademarks and Web Properties:
- Food and Health Communications, Inc.
- Nutrition Education Store
Stunning Visual Tools for Nutrition Educators - Count on us to create and deliver.