Did you know that May is National Strawberry Month? Celebrate with this fantastic recipe for Strawberry Supreme -- it's perfect for a snack or dessert!
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream with vanilla extract and marshmallow cream. Blend well.
- Place 1/4 cup sour cream mixture in the bottom of each dessert glass, followed by 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries and another 1/4 cup of sour cream mixture on top.
- Serves 4. Each serving contains 261 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 31 g sugar, and 3 g protein.
- Each serving also has 3% DV vitamin A, 81% DV vitamin C, 8% DV calcium, and 0% DV iron.
- This dish looks especially lovely when garnished with lemon zest (as pictured above) or when sprinkled with cinnamon and graham cracker crumbs.
- Use nonfat plain Greek yogurt instead of nonfat sour cream for a protein and calcium boost.
- You can use half as much almond extract in place of the vanilla if you’d like a slightly different flavor profile.
Here's a printable recipe handout that you can use however you'd like!
And here are some great National Strawberry Month resources, straight from the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.