Did you know that May is National Strawberry Month? Celebrate with this fantastic recipe for Strawberry Supreme -- it's perfect for a snack or dessert!
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 cup
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup marshmallow cream
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a medium bowl, combine sour cream with vanilla extract and marshmallow cream. Blend well.
- Place 1/4 cup sour cream mixture in the bottom of each dessert glass, followed by 1/2 cup of sliced strawberries and another 1/4 cup of sour cream mixture on top.
- Serves 4. Each serving contains 261 calories, 0 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 31 g sugar, and 3 g protein.
- Each serving also has 3% DV vitamin A, 81% DV vitamin C, 8% DV calcium, and 0% DV iron.
- This dish looks especially lovely when garnished with lemon zest (as pictured above) or when sprinkled with cinnamon and graham cracker crumbs.
- Use nonfat plain Greek yogurt instead of nonfat sour cream for a protein and calcium boost.
- You can use half as much almond extract in place of the vanilla if you’d like a slightly different flavor profile.
Here's a printable recipe handout that you can use however you'd like!
And here are some great National Strawberry Month resources, straight from the Nutrition Education Store!