Now that you know all about pomegranates, it's time to incorporate them into a dish that will brighten up any meal. This recipe was inspired by a Moroccan dish in our our Mediterranean recipe collection. It's a salad that is sure to please, thanks to its beautiful color and amazing flavors.
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 orange, peeled, halved, and sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- Juice from 1/2 a lime
- Pomegranate seeds
- Mix all ingredients (except pomegranate seeds) together in mixing bowl.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds just before serving.
- Try to slice the radishes very thin and in consistent slices for a nice presentation.
- You can mix up the vinegars to shift the flavor profile. For a milder kick, try white wine vinegar, or for a more layered flavor, use balsamic instead. If you go with the latter, know that it will affect the color of the finished dish.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.