Bone health is very important, especially when it comes to preventing diseases like osteoporosis. To improve the health of your bones, eat more foods that are good for them! Incorporate these healthful foods into your daily diet. You want to foster bone strength and make sure that your body gets all the nutrients that it needs. Not sure where to start? That's where we come in! We've brainstormed a few healthful options, all of which are great ways to get more bone-healthy elements...
- Add chopped kale and other dark greens to soups, stir-fry fry dishes, and salads.
- Use canned salmon with bones and no added salt in place of tuna. This adds variety... and more calcium.
- Sprinkle a few chopped nuts over yogurt and fruit. Nuts add crunch, flavor, and important bone-healthy minerals.
- Make a smoothie using skim milk, yogurt, fruit, and wheat germ. These ingredients contain calcium and important vitamins and minerals.
- When you choose dairy products, follow MyPlate's advice and choose nonfat or low-fat options.
Looking for more guidance about the links between food and health? Check out our Nutrition Education Store, where we have collected a wide range of resources for your perusal...