Black Friday is the single biggest shopping day of the year in the United States. Before the celebration dishes are even cool, shoppers are headed out the door at midnight or up shopping online for all sorts of sales and deals to kick off the holiday season. Most stores maintain the sales through "Cyber Monday" or the Monday after the Thanksgiving weekend.
While some people call this shopping phenomenon "holiday creep," others are delighted to save money on items they have been watching. The trend brings in a lot of money for businesses and employees in the retail sector and there is no doubt that it is good for the economy. Amazon makes 36% of all Black Friday sales (source: amazon seller).
No matter your stance, Black Friday can be a great way to kick off or ramp up a fitness routine after Thanksgiving, going into the holiday season. Here are 5 fun ways to use Black Friday as a kickoff for health.
- Shop for a gym or bootcamp membership. Did you want to ramp up your workout efforts with others? Group classes are the way to go! Consider yoga, bootcamps, water aerobics, or even cross fit. What about recreational tennis, golf, or running? Whatever your passion, find it, sign up for it, and do it!
- Put new gym clothes and shoes on your list. New fitness clothes that make you feel good will get you out the door.
- Ask yourself if you need more electronics and other items which increase sitting? Could a home gym be better than a big TV?
- What about healthy cooking equipment? A salad bowl, sharp knifes, easier to manage cutting boards, pressure cookers, and non-stick cooking pans are always great ideas because they get you back in your kitchen. Would you be happier with smaller dishes? Would a hot beverage machine help you enjoy drinks without sugar and alcohol?
- Cookbooks are always coming out and the great chefs of the world have been busy making many of them so you can bring their creations home. Check out the work of Thomas Keller or experiment with ethnic and geographic centric books. Why not learn an Asian cuisine or how to use more Latin or Mediterranean spices? Use the search term, cookbook at home, to find these chef-written books that bring their special creations to your home!
Here is a fun Black Friday Handout. Click the link or image below to download as a PDF:
Use the tips on your social media channels and put it out for your clients so they remember to shop for their health all year.
As a token of our appreciation, here is a code to use in the Nutrition Education Store for 15% off all nutrition education materials plus free standard shipping from November 18th to the 28th: BLACKFRIDAY. This code may not be combined with any other offers and it is only good on new orders made between the 18th and 28th. Use the tips on your social media channels and put it out for your clients so they remember to shop for their health all year.
Use the code BLACKFRIDAY for 15% off all memberships and classes from Food and Health Communications (this site). This code may not be combined with any other offers and it is only good on new orders made between the 18th and 28th.
Give yourself the gift of time so you can walk and cook more!
Check out our new wall prints:
We hope your holiday celebrations are happy and smooth. Let us know if you have cooking questions - click contact us at the top. Thank you!