This delicious dish is sure to be a smash hit! It is filled with flavor, fiber, and tons of nutrients!
- 1 cup chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup light barbecue sauce
- 6 cups chopped, ready-to-serve romaine lettuce
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in small baking pan and cover with barbecue sauce.
- Bake until chicken is done and juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
- Place the lettuce and fresh vegetables in a large salad bowl.
- Place the chicken on top and sprinkle the salad with olive oil and vinegar.
- Serve immediately.
You can use leftover barbecued chicken for this salad if you need to save time.
The way we like to serve this salad is to place the barbecued chicken on top of the greens. Then we can use less, and the chicken doesn’t get lost in the leaves of lettuce.
Make sure the lettuce is very dry and that the cucumbers are sliced thin. Their cool, crisp flavor and texture are a nice complement to the spicy chicken.
Serves 4. Each serving: 2 cups
Calories: 182, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1.1g, Trans Fat: 0g, Cholesterol: 48mg, Sodium: 224mg, Carbohydrates: 13.8g, Dietary Fiber: 3.5g, Sugars: 8.3g, Protein: 19.7g
Brought to you by: TheNutritionEducationStore.com. Check out posters, PowerPoint Shows, games, and handouts that all discuss cooking tips, healthful menus, creative recipes, and much more!