- 1 cup chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup light barbecue sauce
- 6 cups chopped, ready-to-serve romaine lettuce
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a small baking pan and cover with barbecue sauce. Place pan in oven and bake until chicken is fully cooked. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, layer the lettuce and fresh vegetables in a large salad bowl. You can even arrange them in a colorful pattern.
- When the chicken is done, slice it thinly and place the slices on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with olive oil and vinegar, then serve immediately.
- For a kick of vital nutrients, replace half the romaine with spinach leaves.
- Feel free to use your favorite flavored vinegar in place of the cider vinegar too.
Serves 4. Each 2 cup serving: 230 calories, 10 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 21 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g sugars, 9 g protein.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.