- 1 cup chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup light barbecue sauce
- 6 cups chopped, ready-to-serve romaine lettuce
- 2 sliced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in a small baking pan and cover with barbecue sauce. Place pan in oven and bake until chicken is fully cooked. This should take about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, layer the lettuce and fresh vegetables in a large salad bowl. You can even arrange them in a colorful pattern.
- When the chicken is done, slice it thinly and place the slices on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle with olive oil and vinegar, then serve immediately.
- For a kick of vital nutrients, replace half the romaine with spinach leaves.
- Feel free to use your favorite flavored vinegar in place of the cider vinegar too.
Serves 4. Each 2 cup serving: 230 calories, 10 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 21 mg cholesterol, 483 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g sugars, 9 g protein.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.