Become a premium member today and get access to hundreds of articles and handouts plus our premium tools!
Have the remains of a roasted turkey or chicken? Then you have almost everything you need for a savory, healthful poultry broth that is completely sodium-free!
- 1 chicken or turkey carcass, left over from a roasted dinner
- Enough water to cover the bones
- A pinch of dried rosemary
- A pinch of dried thyme
- Place all items in a very large pot or stock pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Use a degreaser cup to remove fat from the broth.
- Strain the broth, removing all bones.
- If you don’t have a degreaser cup, chill the broth and then scrape off the hardened top layer of fat.
- Fill individual Ziploc bags with 2 cups of broth each and freeze for later use.
This broth is perfect as a base for...
- Soups and stews
- Pasta and rice dishes
- And more!
FDA Rule Updates
Free Resolution Calendar for the New Year
UP NEXT IN Cooking