Bananas are one of the most widely consumed fruits worldwide. The bananas we consume in the US grow in several Latin America countries including Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, Ecuador and Panama.
- Bananas are an excellent source of potassium as well as vitamin B 6.
- Similar to apples and watermelon, bananas float in water!
- Some cultures including Japanese culture, use the fiber from banana plants for fabric and paper.
- Bananas are frequently used in smoothies, but can be eaten as snacks.
- Elvis Presley’s favorite sandwich was peanut butter, banana and honey.
Use these messages for your clients, students, patients, and employees now! Premium members can click here for over 30 recipes using bananas that are complete with nutrition facts and a button to make them into a handout.
By Lisa Andrews, MEd, RDN