Those nights after school are already getting packed -- here's a fantastic recipe when you want to maximize your time together and minimize your time spent prepping...
- 1 bundle of rice noodles, about 1 ounce
- 1/2 cup cooked shredded chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- 1/2 cup sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/4 cup sliced bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon roasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon vinaigrette dressing or sesame dressing
- Cook the rice noodles according to package directions, or until tender about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Place the rice noodles in a large mixing bowl. Add all the veggies followed by the cilantro, peanuts, sesame seeds and dressing. Toss together and serve immediately or chill for future use up to one day.
- This salad looks great piled on a plate. You can be very creative with the ingredients using tofu or fish and a variety of veggies.
- Here is a delicious salad that is alive with flavor and texture. The smooth noodles provide the base for the shredded chicken and the crunchy veggies, nuts, and sesame seeds.
- Use whole grain rice noodles (aka brown rice noodles) for an even better nutrient punch!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.