- Complete August 2015 Newsletter
- August Practitioner Resources
- August Handout Set
Bonus — White Label Newsletter:
- This is the newsletter that you can distribute as your own!
- It’s in Word format.
- Feel free to make changes or add your logo.
- You can save it as a PDF when you are ready to distribute it.
- Use it in email, websites, blogs, or as a handout.
NEW — Articles for August:
- The Unique Adverse Metabolic Effects of Fructose - by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
- Interactive Display Ideas for Family Meals Month - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Recipe: Spaghetti with Meatballs - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Recipe: Farmers' Market Salad - by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Handout: Packed Lunches Can Pack a Nutritional Punch - by Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN
- Handout: Do Processed Foods Belong on Your Table? - by Jill Weisenberger, MS, RDN, CDE, FAND
- Handout: Be a Serving Size Sleuth - by Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN
- Handout: Diabetes and Alcohol - by Hollis Bass, MEd, RD
August Monthly Theme Card:
Links for August:
- August Food and Health Observances Calendar
- Seasonal August Recipes
- August Clip Art
- Newsletter Archive
Calendar Ideas for August:
- Back to School Month: USDA School Snack Guide – Smart Snack List for Parents, Teachers, and School Foodservice Directors
- Cataract Awareness Month: Salt Damages Vision
- Family Meals Month: The Benefits of Family Meals
- Kids Eat Right Month: Help Kids Eat Right
- Peach Month: 3 Great Ways to Prepare Peaches
- Sandwich Month: Fruit and Nut Sandwiches
- World Breastfeeding Week (August 1-7): Support a Breastfeeding Mom for World Breastfeeding Awareness Week
- Farmers' Market Week (August 2-8): Farmer's Market Success: 7 Tips for the Best Trips
Check out the fantastic Kids Eat Right Month resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.