Download PDFs of the August 2014 Issue:
- Complete August 2014 Newsletter
- August Practitioner Resources
- August Handout Set
Bonus -- White Label Newsletter:
- This is the newsletter that you can distribute as your own!
- It's in Word format.
- Feel free to make changes or add your logo.
- You can save it as a PDF when you are ready to distribute it.
- Use it in email, websites, blogs, or as a handout.
NEW -- Articles for August:
Does Eating Breakfast Aid Weight Loss? - by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
Cooking Demonstration Tips - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Recipe: Fennel Salad with Sardines - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Recipe: Provençal Fennel and Chicken Stew - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Handout: Omega-3s for You and Me - by Lynn Grieger RDN, CDE, CPT, CWC
Handout: The Lowdown on Energy Drinks - by Lynn Grieger RDN, CDE, CPT, CWC
Handout: What is the Mediterranean Diet? - by Judy Doherty, PC II
Handout: Nuts About Nuts: Part One - by Sarah Mohrman, RD, MA
August Monthly Theme Card:
Links for August:
Calendar Ideas for August:
- Amblyopia Awareness Month: Feast for Your Eyes
- Back to School Month: Take the HealthierUS School Challenge
- Catfish Month: Oven Fried Catfish
- Family Meals Month: How to Plan a Menu
- Kids Eat Right Month: Eat More Fruits and Vegetables as a Family
- Peach Month: Peach Berry Crush
- Sandwich Month: Chicken Salad Sandwich Plate
- Farmers' Market Week (August 3-9): Farmer's Market Celebration
Check out the amazing Kids Eat Right Month resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.