- Walnuts, Weight Loss, and Blood Lipids – by James J. Kenney PhD, FACN
- Evaluating Weight Status – by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Recipe: Vegetarian Burrito Bowls – by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Recipe: Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti – by Judy Doherty, PC II
- Handout: Healthy Snacking: Make Your Own Trail Mix – by Beth Rosen, MS, RD, CDN
- Handout: The Best Diabetes Diet – by Jill Weisenberger, MS, RDN, CDE, FAND, CHWC
- Handout: Small Shifts – by Hollis Bass, MEd, RD, LD
- Handout: Happy Soy Foods Month! – by Judy Doherty, PC II
PDFs of the April 2016 Issue:
- Complete April 2016 Newsletter
- April Practitioner Resources
- April Handout Set
Bonus — White Label Newsletter:
April Monthly Theme Card:
Calendar Ideas for April:
- Alcohol Awareness Month: Alcohol and Alzheimer's Disease
- Autism Awareness Month: Genetic and Lifestyle Factors Play Role in Autism Diagnosis
- Cancer Control Month: Do Animal Products Promote Cancer?
- Florida Tomato Month: Tomato Soup with Silken Tofu
- Garden Month: Eat More Fruits and Vegetables as a Family
- Humor Month: Funny Five a Day Quiz
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Awareness Month: Digestive Diseases 101
- Pecan Month: Maple Baked Pecan Pie
- Soy Foods Month: Soy Foods Do Not Promote Breast Cancer
- Stress Awareness Month: Manage Stress and Practice Mindful Eating
- Youth Sports Safety Month: Do Sports Drinks Promote Obesity?
- National Public Health Week (April 4-10): Shopping for Health and Budget
- TV Turnoff Week (April 24-30): Step by Step
Check out the amazing Cancer Control Month resources in the Nutrition Education Store!
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.