Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 1 hot pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Use for chips, dips, burritos, and fajita dishes.
- Serves 8. Each serving has 37 calories, 3 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugars, and 1 g protein.
- Each serving also has 6% vitamin A, 16% vitamin C, 0% calcium and 0% iron.
- This fun dip is like a combination between guacamole and pico de gallo. It’s colorful and great to use on a variety of dishes.
- Use more or less of the pepper to suit your taste.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.