Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- 2 ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 onion, finely diced
- 1 hot pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 lime
- 1 avocado
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Dash of hot pepper sauce
- Stir all ingredients together.
- Use for chips, dips, burritos, and fajita dishes.
- Serves 8. Each serving has 37 calories, 3 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 3 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g sugars, and 1 g protein.
- Each serving also has 6% vitamin A, 16% vitamin C, 0% calcium and 0% iron.
- This fun dip is like a combination between guacamole and pico de gallo. It’s colorful and great to use on a variety of dishes.
- Use more or less of the pepper to suit your taste.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.