- 4 baking potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced thin
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded, cored, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 3 tablespoons Panko or plain white bread crumbs
- Place the potatoes, onions, and tomatoes in a small oiled baking pan or pie pan. Sprinkle with garlic, seasonings and olive oil.
- Bake in a 400-425 degree oven for 45 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Add the bread crumbs and brown under the broiler. Serve hot.
- Serves 8. Each serving contains 119 calories, 2 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g dietary fiber, 3 g sugar, and 3 g protein.
- Each serving also has 5% DV vitamin A, 25% DV vitamin C, 2% DV calcium, and 5% DV iron.
- This tasty side dish goes well with any meal. It’s so easy and delicious that you will want to serve it often!
- You can also make this recipe in individual baking dishes as pictured. Simply divide the recipe between the dishes and follow the baking instructions.
- Watch the food under the broiler carefully. Allow it to gently toast, but don’t turn your back for a moment or it will burn.
Stephanie Ronco has been editing in a professional capacity for the past 10 years. In addition to her work as an editor, Ronco has also served as a ghostwriter and writing tutor. A voracious reader, Ronco loves watching language evolve and change. When she’s not delving into her latest project, Ronco can be found teaching acting classes, performing in community theater, or sailing with her husband.