Here's another great 5 ingredient meal for your repertoire!
Ranch Chicken and Beans
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: About 1 Cup
- 1 ancho or another mild chili pepper, seeded and ?diced
- 4 chicken thighs, skin and bone removed
- 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Spray an oven-safe nonstick pan with cooking oil spray and heat over medium heat.
- Sauté the diced chili pepper until golden, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and allow it to brown on one side, then add the beans, broth, and seasoning.
- Bring everything to a gentle boil, then bake in a 375-degree oven for about 10 minutes or until the chicken is done.
- Serves 4. Each serving contains 175 calories, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 66 mg cholesterol, 246 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 1 g sugar, and 20 g protein.
- Each serving also has 2% DV vitamin A, 45% DV vitamin C, 5% DV calcium, and 11% DV iron.
- This dish is delicious and high in fiber. It’s very filling and has a “comfort food” appeal.
- Chicken thighs are small in size and economical.
- You can serve this dish with a salad or steamed vegetables to round out the meal. Half of a baked potato makes it a little heartier.
Heeeeeeeeeeeere's the handout!
Have you seen these great kitchen resources?
Stephanie Ronco has been editing for Food and Health Communications since 2011. She graduated from Colorado College magna cum laude with distinction in Comparative Literature. She was elected a member of Phi Beta Kappa in 2008.