It's time for another reader request, this time from both Marilyn Mills and Cheryl Franke!
A fun way to put together a cooking demonstration that is both appealing and accessible is to focus on foods that come together quickly and don't require a million different ingredients. This kind of resource is also great on bulletin boards or in email blasts. That's why it's time for me to share a few new recipes.
Today I want to focus on 5 ingredient meals, starting with this delectable lemon baked fish. I hope you like it!
Lemon Baked Fish
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 Plate
- 4 tilapia fillets, thawed
- 1 lemon, cut into quarters
- 2 large potatoes
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 2 tsp pesto
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Meanwhile, microwave the potatoes until they are almost done and soft in the middle. Test them with a fork or knife.
- Place the tilapia fillets in a large baking pan with the lemon quarters next to them.
- Arrange the peas in a shallow, covered pan and place in the oven.
- Put the potatoes in the oven on the rack next to the fish. Your dinner will be ready in roughly 15 minutes, as soon as the fish is done.
- To serve, place each tilapia fillet on a different plate. Accompany your fish with peas and half a potato.
- Drizzle each potato with a ½ tsp of pesto and squeeze the lemon over the fish and peas.
- Serves 4. Each serving contains 412 calories, 4 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 147 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g dietary fiber, 5 g sugar, and 65 g protein.
- Each serving also has 25% DV vitamin A, 60% DV vitamin C, 11% DV calcium, and 22% DV iron.
- You can garnish the fish with a little paprika.
- A tossed salad with baby greens and a little olive oil and red wine vinegar would be a welcome way to add more vegetables to your plate.
Here are a few fun cooking resources...
[shopify embed_type="product" shop="nutrition-education-store.myshopify.com" product_handle="cooking-demo-display-kit" show="all"]
[shopify embed_type="product" shop="nutrition-education-store.myshopify.com" product_handle="myplate-cooking-demo-ideas-book" show="all"]
[shopify embed_type="product" shop="nutrition-education-store.myshopify.com" product_handle="cooking-demo-kit-set-of-10-cooking-tools" show="all"]