Victoria Shanta Retelny, RDN, LDN is back on the blog with some wonderful wellness tips. As you might recall, Vicki is the author of the blog Simple Cravings, Real Food and she has also just released a book -- Total Body Diet for Dummies.
As a special treat for National Nutrition Month, Vicki is sharing another excerpt from her fantastic book. This time, it's all about total body wellness. Are you ready for her tips?
- Set one realistic health and wellness goal today (don't promise yourself too much!).
- Be kind and pay yourself a compliment today.
- Color your health happy by planning at least one meatless day into your week.
- Pamper your brain and fuel it well with healthy fats (i.e., nuts, seeds, fish and avocado).
- Clear your pantry, fridge and freezer of foods with a lot of sugar, fat and salt.
- Add healthful foods into your day, such as whole grains, fruits, vegetables and lean proteins.
- Savor a glass of wine or a beer with a meal (if you drink alcohol).
- Do 12 sit-ups, push-ups and planks today (repeat 3 times).
- Factor in fiber today with vegetables, fruits and whole grains, nuts, seeds and beans, peas and lentils.
- Sit less today -- stand while working with a standing desk, pace during conference calls and walk at lunchtime.
- Slow down your eating by taking at least 20 minutes to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner (it takes 20 minutes to feel fullness).
- Forge ahead -- don't let a bump in the road of your healthy lifestyle get you down. Keep your goals at the top of your mind and move forward.
Looking for more wellness materials? We've got you covered! Check out these amazing resources from the Nutrition Education Store...