Chicken Pasta Bowl
This dish goes together in about 15 minutes when you have the ingredients already prepared.
2 cups medium shell pasta, dry
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup asparagus, cut in 2 inch strips
1/2 cup sliced red pepper strips
1 can low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
1 cup cooked, skinless chicken, cut in chunks
Seasonings to taste: garlic powder, thyme, rosemary, black pepper
Grated parmesan - about 2-4 tablespoons
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain in colander.
- Add oil to large saute pan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Saute vegetables until crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Add cooked pasta, cooked chicken, broth and seasonings.
- Heat until broth is evaporated and pasta is heated through.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesan and serve hot.